Local out reach today!!!
Today is the end of the second lecture week! Our classes have been going very well and everyone is enjoying them. Today we had local out reach. This time what we did was we desided to bless the port that we are birthed at. So a large group of us picked up trash! Thismay not seem like such a big deal, but it sure is in Europe. Because no one cares about putting rubbish in the rubbish bin (rubbish: a british word for garbage) so there is nastiness everywhere! It was funny though because the Italians were really courious as to what we were doing. This one man stopped and kept asking me, "Por kay?" He wantd to know why we were doing this, he couldnt wrap his head around why we would do this, "People will only dump rubbish here again tomorrow." So the Italians think that we are insane. Made me think about when I was little and asking my mom, "But why do I have to clean my room? It will only be dirty again tomorrow." Its funny how cultures see things differently. We were able to pray for a few people while we did this (one group was looking for people to pray for and another group was scrubbing boats for the fishermen), one man wanted to know how much it would cost him for us to pray for him...such a forine thought. Tomorrow we are going to a local church. They are picking us up, taking us to church and then having a BBQ for us. They are very excited about us coming and want us to reach out to their youth. We are leaving this port again tomorrow evening because there isnt room for us here. I will up date you in a few days because I will once again be without internet access.
Take care and God bless you all.
P.S. A few people have asked me if I want prayer for anything. I would love prayer!! Some things to pray for me would be that I would have an open mind to the lectures, that I would be able to have pacience (living on a crowded boat, its hard tofind space for one's self), and that I would be able to learn more about God, and about myself through this trip. Prayer for my family and friends would also be great! And internet is also something to pray for. Thank you all for your support (both prayerfully and financially). God is working here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey There lovely
Seems you guys have been having fun cleaning all of Europe :P Well good on ya and those kind of things definitely bring up all kinds of opportunities for spreading Gods word and Love.
We Love you over here
I love you over here :)
mich auch,
mome
Hey Tasha,
Your mom gave me one of your prayer pictures and so did Malea so I have two :-) I have one on my fridge. Cadence sees it and always tells me that you are at home - I say,"No, Tasha's on a ship." Then she says, "Aaron, at home." I say yes, "Aaron's at home" Hmmmm she seems to know that the two of you are together. Smile Tasha.......you make people smile wherever you go. I'll pray specifically for you.
love and blessings on you,
Jinny
Post a Comment