Saturday, October 25, 2008

The next step in my adventure...

Posted by Tasha =)

Well, although DTS is over, my adventure seems to be just beginning. During the last week of DTS I really felt the Next Wave ministry on my heart and believe that God is calling me back!

It's a scary thing though. Seems like I've been through so much in the past 6 months, how could I survive another? I'm so happy to be home again and see all my old friends and my family. And to be in my belonging place. I think that everybody has a belonging place, a place where they simply fit in to a tee, a place where they can walk down the street and it just works. Well that place for me is home. And it's something that I have been looking forward to for a long time, so to think about leaving it again and live a roaming life has some unappeal to it as well. Yet on the other hand I do love traveling. It is the kind of life that I have always dreamed of, a life of adventures and new things. Its a harder life to be sure, but one that has always been calling to me. I love the excitement of walking down roads I've never been down before and trying to explain things to people when I don't speak their language. I love the thrill of going on deck and seeing a whole new city laid before me beckoning for me to explore.

So while it is a hard thing to do, to leave, at the same time it is very exciting because I have no clue as to where this life will take me.

As for specific plans of my future........well I am hoping to leave Canada in Mid January. And meet up with the Next Wave in Catania, Italy (on the island of Sicily). When I get there we will sail to the island of Cyprus (Eastern Mediterranean Sea). Then a SBS (School of Biblical Studies) will come aboard for a while. During their stay they will be studying Paul's journeys...so we will sail it as we study it and end up in Greece. After the SBS we are hopefully going to head up to the Black Sea and do Medical Missions (like Mercy Ships) in the ports for a few months. After which we are expecting to hold another Discipleship Training School (like the one that I just finished). I am planning on being staff/crew on the boat for 1 year.

Until then I am working full time for my dad building our house. It's not my favorite thing to do at all, but it is nice to work for him. I am also quite busy with The Bridge (evening service), singing.

I hope that life is going well for all of you. Take care and if you care about me make sure that you see me before I leave in January (haha I'm just kidding kind of).

Takin the next step,

0 comments: