Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bluewater - Discipleship Training School

Posted by Tasha =)

So I thought that I've told you all about the places that I've been and the stuff that I have done, yet haven't really explained what exactly is going on with the school part of my DTS (Discipleship Training School).

Well I am living on a 110ft gaff rigged sailing ketch. There are 13 students (10 girls - 3 guys) attending Bluewater and 11 staff members currently on board. This DTS is specialized because of the sailing aspect of it. As well as being taught about christianity we are also taking a Day Skipper course through the RYA (British). This is an actual course, and with my Day Skipper I would be able to skipper a yaut in the day time by myself (its a licence).

As far as the bible teaching goes, we have lectures all morning. Every week or so a teacher will meet up with us and teach us, this is great because we get a lot of veraity. This week there is a guy from Germany teaching us about the bible, bible history, the new and old testiment canons and bible study. This well be good foundation for us during the next 5 months. Antop of lectures we also have homework to hand in and bible studies and prayer sessions, worship sessions etc. When we are not doing this school stuff there are many other things that keep us busy. We all have a dayly chore (mine is lunch dishes and prep), and we do ship mantanence once a week (this usually includes painting and varnishing the ship). Aaaaaaand then we have free time! Typically we will be busy from 7:30 in the morning till 9ish at night. And then of course we have sail days, and when we sail we do not do any of the normal activities (because we are always sea sick).

So that is basically what I am up to everyday. Its a busy life, but its good. I hope that you are all keeping busy and that life is good for you as well.

Today is the YWAM international day of prayer and fasting. Everyone in YWAM is fasting on either one thing or another today. I am just doing no food, but some of the students are going a day without talking, or without chocolate etc. Dang.... chocolate... yumm....

Moving on....

Yesterday we had boat matanence and I repaired some of the ratlines. This means, for those of you who may not know what this involves, that I was up on the rope ladder (ratline) all afternoon, cutting off old ropes and tying on new ones. It was actually really fun and I enjoyed it a lot. I love learning new things. Hey! I can add this to the list of new things I know!!! Along with preparing squid!! haha

Nothing too exciting has happened lately. I went shoppig with a friend yesterday and got a sweeter for 4 euros! I was stoked. Other then that, not too much exciting.

Take care all you lovely people!!

2 comments:

Aaron Denninger said...

Hey Love

This O comments thing has got to be anoying, especially since you put all the work into a blog. I know I would be slightly disapointed that no one cared to leave any sort of commment. So here it is...
I LOVE YOU, and Go Get EM!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tasha,
I love reading your blog as you are very detailed in what you write. Sounds like you are in some sort of routine, and settling in on the high seas!! I can almost imagine you doing the things you describe because you use "Tasha" words :-) Anyway, I think of you often and pray for you always.........keep on being you.
love Jinny