Wednesday, May 7, 2008

¡¡¡Hola, Ibiza!!!

Posted by Tasha =)

Hola me amigos! ¿Como estas? Soy es muy bien. ¿....Donde esta la banio?
Okay, so maybe my españiol aint too great (or my engish come to think of it), but I am having fun mucking around with it anyways.

I am still in Ibiza, Spain at the moment. for the first day we were given a free birth because we were supposed to have one and they didnt have one and so we got this other free one for the night, which was aweome. But then we have to move out to anchorage after the first night. So that meanst that we are not attatched to land and therefore cannot come and go and we choose. Which is a pain. It also meanst that we have anchore watches....that meanst that there always has to be someone in the wheel house to make sure that we dont drift into a boat or rocks. So...that means that we have been asigned hours through the middle of the night to sit....and watch a computer screen... (radar). Today we found out that a force 4 storm is on its way to hit tonight. This isnt the greatest thing to deal with while just sitting on a boat trying to study. So we left the port and sailed all afternoon till we reached the west side of the island to the capital of Ibiza. This port isnt near as cute as Ibiza City. It is all 20-30 year-old condos, apartments, hotels and night clubs. There wasnt a birth for us here either so we are anchored in the main harbore.

The speaker this week brought mail with him!! Thank you all for the mail!! Jinny, Kristi, Julie, Rebecca (and Danielle, I know that your heart was there too), thanx for the package!!! I loved the balloons and the notes!!! You guys are soo incredibly creative!!! Thanx!!! And mom, dad, luke and helen, thank you too for the packages! I loved them. And Aaron, you too, thanx for the letter...youre so sweet! Love ya!!

We are starting to look into out reach and whats going to happen with that. So thats exciting! I am looking forward to going to the Dominican and Portugal.

Well its getting to be time for the wet treck back to the ship on the dinghy. =s yay... hhaha

I hope you are all doing well. Please keep me in your prayers and dont forget to remember me.

Love ya all!

3 comments:

Aaron Denninger said...

Hey you!

Sounds like you guys are being pushed around all over the place, well thats no good for email or phone calls :P that sucks but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. I look forward to your letter in the mail

Love you lots
Your Aaron

Anonymous said...

Hey Tasha,

So glad that you got the mail :-)
It is fun to do it on Tuesdays, and a great way to kind of have you with us in thought and prayer. Thanks for the hugs through Aaron - can't wait till September to hug you back :-)
love always,
Jinny

heather phil luke helen said...

Da nada muchacha! El gusto es mio. Es fantastico leer su journal. Es muy interesante. Nos te amos. Besos y mas besos,

su mamita