January 20th
3 days, 14 flight hours, 6 hours sleep, 2 blisters and a lot of chewing gum and I have arrived in the ancient city of Rome {with the family of course!}.
I should probably be sleeping this off right now, but its mid/day here {although 2 AM in BC} and I just cant sleep. All in all the trip has gone smoothly so far. well as smoothly as it can when traveling in a fivesome, each with luggage and no clue whats going on. I felt both like a turtle {due to the huge back back to which I was attatched} and a herd of buffalow in a ballet! I shall leave you to imagin for yourself the looks that we recived as the "Five Awkward and Slightly Confused Travelers".
I'm sitting in our appartment right now. Sore feet, sore back and sore brain. I can hear the hum of small cars and vespas rumble past our balcony. Our appartment is just above a cafe/bar and a fruit stand. It's pleasent here, about 15 degrees C and the sun has just come out out. When we left the New York airport, they had to de-ice the planes in the snow. Sooo...I am quite happy to have it a little warmer here.
Oh! I shall tell you about a few of the differences here {from Canada}. Well, the first thing that I noticed was in the airport washroom. The toilet seats were weighted so that they stayed flipped up {unless you are sitting on them of course}! I dont understand this at all. It was a Womens Washroom...so I dont get what they were exactly thinking,....but at anyrate I have never seen that before... The second thing that I noticed was when we were on the train coming to our apartment a peddler got on the train with his acordion!!! I love it! Ah! Italy! Where even a train ride can be romantic!
One more thing before I try to sleep {since everyone else seems to be}. When we were at the Victoria airport waiting to depart, Danielle came to say good bye to me! Actually we was there waiting for me when I got there. Good job on being early, Danielle..I'm impressed. haha Anyways, you totally made my day, thank you! And as it it couldn't get any better, Jinny and Harry came as a surprize! I love you guys loads!!! Thank you for making me feel special!
Well, my hide-a-bed is calling me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear that you had some good friends to see you off. As well Good to hear about your first stretch of adventure so far. Sounds like things are going to be a lot of fun and exciting for you! Praying for the best an wish I could be there to see it all too.
God Bless
Aaron
Couldn't let you leave without the final few hugs that were supposed to be issued before you left. Besides.......you are one of our most favorite people in the world!!
Keep lookin up Tash :-)
Post a Comment