Wow. So I don't know where to begin with my time here.
Right now I am so contented. I don't know how else to put it. I feel God's calling very clearly that I am where he wants to use me. Which is such an exciting thing to think about! I love life on the ship. Community may be one of the hardest ways to live--but one of the most incredible experiences I will ever go through.
This is just my second week aboard and I am still working hard to learn all the ropes about how the Next Wave works as a mission base. We sailed to Kiato, Greece (plans changes as very common here) last week. A four day sail. Beautiful sunsets and dolphins and Sunshine! =) We had a Discipleship Training School aboard from the Harpenden base in England. They have been doing part of their out reach aboard while working in the city of Catania, Italy. They are really an incredible group of young people on fire for God and missions! They left today and I am going to miss them very dearly. We are now working with some contacts in Greece and a church in Corinth! I am excited to see how we can serve them and support them and their ministry here. We arrived here two or three days ago and don't have any different plans at the moment, so I am excited to see how God decides to use us.
So far I have done a lot of painting on the ship. She needs it very much. Unfortunately the people at the port stopped us half way through so she is only partially beautiful. Oh! But something very exciting is that we have a mailing address for the two months that we are staying here! Yay!!! I shall post it when I know what it is.
I know that a lot of you have told me that you are praying for me! Thank you so very much! I really appreciate the prayer--and I know that God is listening to you because God is moving in crazy ways and my transition here has been very smooth. I have been chosen to help staff a Discipleship Training School in September on the boat, and would very much appreciate prayer into this as well. So a specific prayer request of mine is for wisdom for this school (for both me and the rest of the team) as well as we are praying about where to go on the out reach (mission trip for the second part of the school) and about who the leaders should be for that.
Thank you for being such a support to me--both prayerfully, financially and by being my friends! God bless you all! I shall try to post some photos later for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment