Friday, February 13, 2009

To paint a picture with photos

Posted by Tasha =)


Mmmm The market in Catania, Italy. Bright colors, fishy smells, strange sights, bizar sounds and people everywhere!
My new and beautiful home on the S/Y Next Wave in Catania, Italy. And a picture of a sunset at sea--on of my favorite things!

Sailing at night by the moonlight is so beautilful! The stars are so bright and allthough you can't see too much you can feel every sway of the deck below you. And the other photo is of some of the guys takin down the sails.
This is a photo of me greasing the stays in Greece (get the pun?) I got to go to the very top of the mast to do this and it was incredible! Aparently its 102 ft up! And the view is incredible! In the next photo is Erik holding the rope I'm attatched to....you know the saying "my life is in your hands"? Not the most comforting thought when looking at this photo. haha
We desided to clean up the pier that we are moored along side... there was so much garbage EVERYWHERE. This is a photo of me holding a piece of used toilet paper and trying to get someone to bring me a garbage bag for it. So discusting. Aaaaaand the other photo is of our new port in Greece, Kiato. The weather here and clouds are amazing!

5 comments:

rachee said...

hey, i love the pics of the orange..darn you, now im hungry!

Unknown said...

Ha! You're the second person to grease that stay since we got the boat. I did it when we were in Belfast. I loved going up, but it took a little too long for me coming down! It must have been a beautiful view from up there.

Tasha =) said...

Hey Elli! Ya it was AMAZING!!! We (Erik and I) did the flighing jib first and it too SO long because we didnt set up the bowson's chair right so I could barly reach the stay! But ya, we have prefected the art. Pretty fast now. Ya, I love going up there too!! And I love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tasha.......the fruit looks so mouth watering!!! Are you getting enough fruit and veggies? I love your blog and the way that it is so personal.......kind of makes me feel you are NOT so far away after all :-)Glad that you are knowing whose Hands you are in!!!!!!

Tasha =) said...

Hey Jinny!
Ya, the fruit here is amazing! When we were in Greece it was amazing to see how God provided for us every time we started to run out of food money. People from the local churches brought us chickes, a baker brought us his day old bread, and we had SO many oranges we didn't know what to do with them all!! (...Home made orage juice! Mmmm) Now in Greece the church here has also brought us oranges and deserts!! God is good! Thank you for food, God!